LEGAL NOTICE AND GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE
LEGAL NOTICE AND GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE
Version: July 2021
I- MENTIONS LEGAL
The SECOND LIFE AFRICA site is edited by PARENGA AFRICA SARL, a limited liability company with a capital of 1,000,000 CFA francs, registered in the Niamey Trade Register under the number RCCM NE-NIA-2019-B-738 - NIF 51433 / S, whose number head office is located at 2e Latérite, Recasement, Niamey, Republic of Niger.
Telephone: +227 70 73 73 78
E-mail: contact @ secondlife.africa
Mail: PARENGA AFRICA SARL, BP 10328, Niamey, Republic of Niger.
Site hosted on their infrastructure in Europe by SITEGROUND whose head office is SG Hosting Inc., 901 N. Pitt St, Suite 325, Alexandria, 22314 VA, USA.
Photo credits: SECOND LIFE, UNSPLASH.COM under Unsplash license and Creative Commons license.
II- GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE
1. Purpose of the Site
The SECOND LIFE site (hereinafter the "Site") is a commercial presentation site for the brand which offers second-hand clothing and accessories, cosmetics and accessories for sale to Internet users or users mainly from the continent. African browsing the Site (hereinafter the “Visitor (s)”). This Site is accessible:
- via the Internet at the address SECONDLIFE.AFRICA;
- and possibly via the “Appstore” and “Playstore” services in the form of a mobile application intended for use on compatible iOS and Android devices.
2. Personal data and Cookies
SECOND LIFE collects personal data within the framework of this Site.
To find out more about SECOND LIFE's practices in terms of the collection, use and communication of personal data, as well as the provisions relating to the exercise of rights, Visitors are invited to consult the "Cookies and Personal Data" policy of this Site.
III. Intellectual property
The Site and any software necessarily used in connection with it may contain confidential information as well as data protected by intellectual property law. Thus, unless otherwise stated, the intellectual property rights on the documents and any data of any kind contained in the Site and each of the elements making up the Site (images, illustrations, sounds, texts, graphic elements, charter, etc.), including software, databases and newsletters are the exclusive property of SECOND LIFE (hereinafter the “Content”), which does not grant any license or any right other than that of consulting the Site. The reproduction of all or part of the Content is only authorized for the exclusive purposes of information for personal and private use, any reproduction and any use of copies made for other purposes in any way and in any form whatsoever. being expressly prohibited. It is also prohibited to copy, modify, create a derivative work, assemble, decompile (except as provided by law), sell, assign, sub-license or transfer in any way any right relating to the Content. . It is also prohibited to modify all or part of the Content and in particular the software or to use modified versions of the software with a view in particular to obtaining unauthorized access to the service and to access the Site by any means other than the interface. which is provided to the Visitor by SECOND LIFE for this purpose.
It is recalled that the PARENGA AFRICA company is the owner of the SECOND LIFE sign and its logos.
The Visitor recognizes the exclusive rights of SECOND LIFE on the SECOND LIFE brand and refrains from making any use of it and more generally from infringing the intellectual property rights of SECOND LIFE. SECOND LIFE reserves the right to claim damages in the event of counterfeiting and more generally infringement of its intellectual property rights. Likewise, the Visitor refrains from infringing any property rights, and in particular intellectual property rights, that any company in the group to which SECOND LIFE belongs to may hold.
All other brands or logos appearing on the Site are the property either of SECOND LIFE, or of a company of the group to which SECOND LIFE belongs or of its service providers, partners or suppliers. Any use, in any way whatsoever, of these trademarks and / or logos and / or any other Content is subject to the express prior authorization of SECOND LIFE or the holder of the intellectual property rights concerned.
3.3. Hypertext links
The Site may include links to other Internet sites or other Internet sources. Insofar as SECOND LIFE cannot control these sites and these external sources, SECOND LIFE cannot be held responsible for the provision of these sites and external sources, and cannot bear any responsibility for the content, advertising, products, services or any other information or data available on or from these sites or external sources. In addition, SECOND LIFE cannot be held responsible for any proven or alleged damage or loss resulting from or in connection with the use or the fact of having trusted the content, goods or services available on these sites or external sources.
Any creation of links to the SECOND LIFE Site, any framing of the Site, and more generally any use of an element making up the Site, is subject to the prior and express authorization of SECOND LIFE which may be revoked at any time at any time. its sole discretion. SECOND LIFE reserves the right to (i) request the removal of any link to the Site that has not been, or no longer is, authorized and (ii) claim damages for the damage suffered as a result.
3.4 Photos and illustrations
The photos and illustrations on the Site are non-contractual and are present there for ambience. The products available in store may vary according to arrivals and seasons.
IV. Visitor behavior
Each Visitor must use the Internet responsibly with respect and courtesy with regard to the rights of other Internet users.
As such, the Visitor, by accessing the Site, is particularly prohibited from:
- upload to the Site, display, send by e-mail or transmit by any other means illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tort, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, contrary to morality, violating the private life of a person, including their right to image, odious or derogatory or shocking from a racial, ethnic or other point of view;
- upload to the Site, display, send by e-mail or transmit by any other means unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, "advertising material", "false information", "chain letters", or any other form of solicitation;
- upload to the Site, display, send by e-mail or transmit by any other means any element containing software viruses or other codes, files or computer programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or hardware or any telecommunications equipment;
- disrupt or interrupt the Site or the servers or networks connected to the Site, or violate the requirements, procedures, rules or regulations of the networks connected to the Site;
- try to undermine the service of any user, host or network, which includes, without being exhaustive, the fact of exposing the Site to a virus, creating saturation, flooding the server, saturating the e-mail. e-mails or forge any header of the TCP / IP protocol information packet or any part of the header information in any e-mail;
- access data that is not intended for the Visitor or enter a server / account to which the Visitor is not authorized to have access;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or a network, or to violate security or authentication measures without having received authorization;
- impersonate another person;
- carry out an activity or incite a third person to carry out an illegal activity or any other activity that would infringe the rights of SECOND LIFE, its suppliers, partners, distributors, its advertisers or any other Visitor;
- transmit or transfer (by any means whatsoever) information or software derived from the Site, in particular to other countries or to certain foreign nationals in violation of a national or international law or regulation.
By recognizing the global nature of the Internet network, each Visitor undertakes to comply with all local and international rules and procedures relating to online behavior and acceptable content, and in particular all applicable laws concerning the transmission of technical data.
At any time and for any reason whatsoever, SECOND LIFE may implement any means allowing to put an end, without notice, to the use of the Site by the Visitor or to any of the services of SECOND LIFE for any conduct violating these conditions of use, without prejudice to any damage and interest that SECOND LIFE reserves the right to claim from the Visitor in the event of non-compliance with these general conditions of use of the Site.
5.1. Access and operation of the Site
The Visitor is personally responsible for setting up the computer and telecommunications resources allowing access to the SECOND LIFE Site and the knowledge necessary for using the Internet and accessing the Site. The Visitor is responsible for the connection and equipment costs associated with Internet access and use of the SECOND LIFE Site.
The Visitor uses the Site at his own risk. SECOND LIFE cannot therefore be held responsible for any damage that any Visitor may suffer as a result of such use. In addition, SECOND LIFE DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR INDIRECT DAMAGES, WHATEVER THE CAUSES, ORIGINS, NATURES OR CONSEQUENCES, INCLUDING IN PARTICULAR THE COSTS THAT MAY OCCUR FROM THE ACQUISITION OF GOODS PROPOSED ON THE SITE, LOSS OF PROFITS, CUSTOMER, DATA OR ANY OTHER LOSS OF INTANGIBLE GOODS THAT MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF ANYONE'S ACCESS TO THE SITE OR THE INABILITY TO ACCESS IT OR THE CREDIT GRANTED TO ANY INFORMATION OBTAINING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THERE.
5.2. Limitation of Liability
The Site also contains information from third parties, and links to other websites. SECOND LIFE does not control the accuracy of the information contained therein or its content. Consequently, SECOND LIFE can in no way be held liable for damages resulting from the use, access to, or inability to use this third-party information, or the content of other websites.
SECOND LIFE cannot be bound by any guarantee of any kind, whether implicit or explicit, concerning in particular the integrity, accuracy, timeliness, non-infringement, availability, reliability or completeness. information, products, accessories or services appearing on the Site nor their suitability for the use that the Visitor intends to make of them.
Any complaint lodged by a Visitor against SECOND LIFE must be made within 6 months of the occurrence of the event, which is the subject of the complaint.
SECOND LIFE reserves the right to modify and update the General Conditions of Use without notice. To be informed of these possible modifications, SECOND LIFE advises the Visitor to re-read the T & Cs regularly. Use of the Site will be subject to the T & Cs in force at the time of use.
In the event that one of the clauses of these T & Cs is void due to a change in legislation, regulations or by a court decision, this can in no way affect the validity and compliance with the other clauses of the T & Cs. .
6.3. Applicable law
These T & Cs are subject to Nigerien law.
ANY LITIGATION RELATING TO THE EXISTENCE, INTERPRETATION, EXECUTION OR BREACH OF THE CONTRACT CONCLUDED BETWEEN SECOND LIFE AND THE VISITOR, EVEN IN CASE OF PLURALITY OF DEFENDANTS, WILL BE, Failing a friendly agreement, of the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts FROM NIAMEY. THIS ATTRIBUTION OF JURISDICTION IS NOTWITHSTANDING PLURALITY OF DEFENDANTS OR CALL IN GUARANTEE, EVEN FOR EMERGENCY PROCEEDINGS OR CONSERVATORY PROCEEDINGS IN REFERENCE OR BY REQUEST.
For any information, you can contact Customer Service at the Service opening hours indicated in the "Contact" section of the Site.